Monday, September 13, 2010

Tie Dye with Kool Aid

My daughter wants to tie dye some things.. so I went online to see if there were ways to use homemade dye...

I found a few recipes and thought I'd start out trying the most simple. Kool Aid.

I used some baby onsies I had on hand and tied them off with rubberbands in a couple different patterns.

Mix 1 packet koolaid with 1 ounce vinegar.
Stir until Koolaid is dissolved.
Dip rubberbanded parts into mixture.
Dry.
Press.
Wash individually.
Dry on HIGH heat.
To be honest, I wasn't happy with the results. It just looks like someone spilled kool-aid all over a onsie. But I like how the color spread on the left onsie. Plus, they smell like cotton candy! Take that one either way!

At least I'm only out $2 for the 2 packets of kool-aid. If anyone else has better luck, let me know!

No comments:

Number of Fabulous Visitors