Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Elf on the Shelf


My sister got my daughter "The Elf on the Shelf" for her birthday. Its the cutest little box with a little toy elf and a book.  The book tells you the elf's story and purpose.  He was sent by Santa to sit in your house and watch over the children. Each night when the children go to sleep, the elf flies to the North Pole to report to Santa the children's behavior for the day...good or bad!

Then before the children awake, the elf returns to your home for another day of "scouting". Only he will be sitting in a different spot!  So the kids get to wake up and see who can find him first!

My kids are so excited to start this new tradition!  I am excited to "see where he sits each day"! And can I tell you I've already had to say "uh uh uh.. the elf is watching!" and it stopped a tantrum right in it's tracks!!! Can you find our little elf?  My 5 year old helped name him "ELFIN ELFA".

1 comment:

Linds said...

GET.OUT. That's SO great! My 3 year old is SO confused (and kinda freaked out) about the whole "Santa can see everything" theory. The HUGE man with the consuming white beard isn't very mood settling.

Number of Fabulous Visitors