Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tri-Color Cupcake Icing - How To

I frosted some cupcakes for a friend of mine we went to visit today...

How did I do it? Easy. And I'll show you how....

First you'll need:
Cupcakes
Icing, colored in your choice of colors
Parchment triangle or icing bag
Icing Tip of your choice

To get the triple color swirl, you'll need to fill the icing bag with all three colors. To do so, use a knife and scoop up a long narrow blob of icing and scrape it on the side of the icing bag. Be sure to leave room for the other 2 colors so only fill about 1/3 of the bag...

Then do the same with the 2nd color, making sure you leave room for your third color.

Slide your last color in as far down into the tip as you can. So your icing bag will look like this... with equal amounts of colored icing.


Next, I recommend squirting out your icing until you have all 3 colors coming out.

Then, you are ready to ice your cupcakes. I start on the outside and work my way to the middle.



And there you have it! A fun colorful cupcake! Have fun with this. Use more colors if you want! Or just go with 2.. and create some festive cupcakes for your favorite football team on game day!

If we hadn't been visiting my friend today, these cupcakes would have been decorated GOLD and BLACK!
GO HAWKEYES!!!
PonyTails and FishScales

1 comment:

TheBorman5 Plus1 said...

I love this. Makes want to cook up a batch of cupcakes and try this out!!

Number of Fabulous Visitors