Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bug Box Remake Tutorial

A cute little toy store was going out of business this past week, and a friend of mine found these cute little bug boxes there! She gave one to me, and then I went back a few days later and got a couple more for my niece and nephew. I wanted to 'personalize' them a little so they knew which one would be their's.

So since I have been obsessed with Mod Podge lately, I thought I'd add a little paper on the ends to spice them up a bit.

First, I took the door off the box.

I found some fun scrapbook paper and traced around the ends of the box and the little door.

Then I cut out the paper and traced out the circle opening into the box and marked the screw holes for reattaching the door.

Next, I slathered the Mod Podge on the ends of the box and laid the paper down, smoothing it out. I did the same thing for the door.

Once dried, I sanded down the sides for a clean edge so no paper was hanging off and then applied another layer of Mod Podge for a shiny finish!

Then I painted the trim of the bug box with a coordinating color.

Then one more layer of Mod Podge on the painted trim for that shiny finish!


Here they are drying before the final re-assembly!


Ta-Da!!!

I hope they like them!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so darling. Very fun! If you like Mod Podge, stop by my blog. I enjoyed stopping by yours! Cheers :D

Number of Fabulous Visitors