Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thrift Store Finds...

I've seen lots of 'reinvented' blog posts lately, and it motivated me to head over to the local Salvation Army Thrift Store to see what treasures I could find.

First off, I was really wanting to find a cute little table or desk to dress up, but I was extremely disappointed at the outrageous prices they were asking for some of the furniture!!!! Granted, I live in Hawaii, but who would pay $150 for a used particle board dresser??? I wouldn't pay that brand new?! And cute little end tables for $30-$60? Maybe that wasn't so bad, but I was looking for something a lot cheaper than that I guess.

So, I headed to the home decor area and picked up a few 'treasures' that I still thought were a dollar or two overpriced. For as much stuff as this place gets donated to them, you'd think they would lower their prices to keep it moving!!!

Okay, sorry for the ranting and raving... here are my finds. Stay tuned for their makeovers!
Tomorrow I'm headed to the thrift shop on the base where I know the prices will be lower!
Then this weekend.... I'm hitting up the yard sales!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holey moley, $150 for a used dresser is outrageous! Looks like you found some other great treasures though!

Melissa Peterson said...

I can't wait!!!

Big M blog said...

Nothing for say,

Really nice blog.Keep up it,



Best regards......

Number of Fabulous Visitors