Friday, February 5, 2010

Dollar Tree...er...tree.

On one of my DT trips, I came across this sad looking 'tree'. I had big hopes for this little guy.
I gave him a little 'fluffling...
And attempted to spray paint him white (which didn't work.. the paint wouldn't take to the green tape that wrapped the branches of the tree)... so it had to be hand painted. So I went through my paint collection.... all my white bottles were dried out and practically empty... so Antique White it was...

Then I decided to paint the pot black...

Then cover up the cheapy 'sand-like' looking dirt with some moss...


Now I just need to make some fun little ornies to hang on it... and I set it on my mantle... my sad bare mantle... and now I think I may want to go buy like half a dozen more to just splatter them all over my mantle! Hmm... stay tuned.Ooh. See a preview of tomorrow's post in the reflection of my mirror...
monogram
The Shabby Chic Cottage

No comments:

Number of Fabulous Visitors