Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bedroom set Makeover

We brought back an old bedroom set from my in-laws when we moved to VA. It was my husbands bedroom set growing up. We decided to give it a little makeover for our 'tween' daughter. Here is what the dresser looks like now... the before, if you will. It has yet to be made over.
Here is the painting process...

For starters, we sanded and painted the bedside table a glossy black. Then we got some fun silver hardware.
Here is a lamp I got for $0.50 at a yard sale back in Hawaii...I painted it the same glossy black, and covered a lampshade in fuzzy zebra print paper.
Not bad for $2.50... I just need to find some fun black fringe to put along the bottom.

Here is the bed all painted and put back together! We are waiting for her comforter set (on backorder) I love how it looks! Frankly, I'm quite impressed... it looks like a brand new bedroom set!
I've linked to:

3 comments:

Creative Minds said...

That is gorgeous! I love black furniture.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very nice... I also like the black!

Sandy said...

Very nice job... you may have given me the push I needed to get started on my own bedroom... thank you!

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Number of Fabulous Visitors