Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Old Bassinet Upcycle

When we were home this past fall, we got a few 'treasures' at my dad's auctions. We got an old bassinet, similar to the one pictured to the left (I forgot to take a before picture).

My husband took the ends and one long side piece and made it into a storage bench for the kids' winter gloves, hats, scarves, etc.

I painted it up yesterday and this morning, the kids helped put the winter apparel in their new home! I love it! Now I just need to add some flare to the new green shelf I put up above it!
Today, since we have so much snow, and more in the forecast.... hubby doesn't have to go to work AGAIN today. So, we have another old crib we are going to make into a couple benches. I'll try to take more pictures of the process for you to see. So, check back in a couple days to see that transformation!
ASPTL



5 comments:

Campbell Jane said...

That is an awesome reuse/recycle project! Pretty too!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Brilliant! I love the idea of a storage bench. We have a lot of snow here too and towels, leashes and wet clothes by the door that should be corralled!

Alissa said...

that's fantastic! great job!

Bird said...

That is awesome!

Thank you for the sweet comment, and good luck with the giveaway!! :)

Jamee said...

that is an awesome way to keep those sentimental pieces. thanks for sharing

Number of Fabulous Visitors