Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mod Podge Wall Art

My little girl's room has been hurting for some wall art. Not to mention... screaming and begging to take off the border on the top part of the wall. Ugh.. but that will have to wait for another day. The only time I would be able to do that is nap time.... and that doesn't quite work out too well.

So... wall art it is! I gathered up 9 clearance plaques I found at Target back in Hawaii. They were only $1.87 each. I have tons more. My poor 12 year old daughter was just mortified when I was loading up stacks of these babies in the cart. She "DID NOT KNOW ME!"

Anyways, along with the 8x8 plaques, I used mod podge, craft paper and a paint brush.
Here's the proof of the deal I got.
I cut my craft paper to fit over the picture on the plaque.
Then brushed on a layer of mod podge over the plaque.
Smoothed on the craft paper...
And that was it! Easy peasy! Now, to hang them on the wall. I had my hubby help out since he is the master of measuring and hanging things on the wall STRAIGHT!I LOVE IT!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

How cute, I have been thinking about doing something like this for my bedroom.

Mrs. H said...

WOW! You got an awesome deal! How smart were you to buy them and use them this way!!! Those turned out super cute!!!

Unknown said...

So fun! I love - especially the great deal!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very very cute! AND AWEESOME deal!

Denise Wiggins said...

thrifting and crafting all in one I LOVE IT.... I need to do something like that for my girlies room... they need some wall art too.

autumn said...

i love a great deal!
and even better when it is turned into something CUTE!
:)
thanks for sharing!

Number of Fabulous Visitors